Monday, June 14, 2010

Wed me Regina?

Let me begin this review/blatantly biassed ode to the lovely Regina Spektor with the story of my purchasing tickets to her Adelaide show. Flipping through Adelaide's very own Rip It Up on my lunch break, I mentally listed my live music bucket list: The Strokes, The Vines, The Wombats; and last but certainly not least, Regina Spektor.

And with this wish having barely completed its imprint on my psyche, I flipped to a delicious full-page ad of Regina's tour dates in Australia. I have never been as happy in that building as I was then, (the day they asked me to build a paper mache` Mr Potato Head is a close second). I was so excited that the next day I rushed out to buy my ticket without asking anyone else if they'd like to join me.

And so on April 23rd 2010 I sat alone at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, wearing an enormous smile in a section separate from my friends.

Reader. If she ever comes to your town - RUN to the nearest ticket outlet without consulting your friends, because Miss Spektor delivers the best live music performance I've had the honour of experiencing.

I laughed. I cried. My ear to ear smile was only ever swapped for painfully exquisite gasps of utter awe (these stemming from what I suspect is a severe case of affection).

to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment